Mentor, A Siemens Business Technology Communications Writer /Content Manager (PCB) - 7072 in Wilsonville, Oregon
Technology Communications Writer /Content Manager (PCB) - 7072
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 7072
Job Category Corporate Marketing
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technology Communications Writer /Content Manager (PCB) - 7072
Job Location: US - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Corporate Marketing
About Mentor Graphics:
Mentor Graphics is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to developnew and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board, and system design.
- The technical writer/content manager for Mentor’s printed circuit board (PCB) design solutions plays a central role in strategizing, developing and writing high quality content within Mentor’s online properties (blogs, product collateral, technical white papers, case studies, etc.) as well as industry publications, conferences and events
- Candidate must be able to gather research and data, interview subject matter experts, and translate complex information into clear, concise marketing communications content: technical white papers, customer success stories, conference papers, articles, video scripts, abstracts, product datasheets and blog posts
- This role also provides project support across multiple product teams (high speed design and analysis, advanced packaging, board design), so the ability to coordinate multiple projects and content sources within a deadline-driven environment is essential
- The ideal candidate should possess a strong history of writing and editing skills with experience in technology or scientific markets, as demonstrated in portfolio examples
- The writer/content manager should have experience in PCB design and analysis technologies since this role will require working with Mentor’s high-speed analysis and IC/board package design groups
- Desktop publishing skills (InDesign) using Mentor project templates and knowledge of working with online publications and social media, to coordinate project delivery, are essential
- A technical background, such as a B.S. in electrical engineering or computer science (preferred) would be ideal, since this role involves working closely with the printed circuit board (PCB) division’s technical marketing engineers and managers
- The candidate must be a self-starter, possessing solid project planning and management skills, with adherence to deadlines
- A positive attitude, creativity in turning technical information into compelling content, teamwork, and strong interpersonal communications are critical in this role
*Candidates are highly encouraged to submit any related samples and/or links directing their work
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.