Mentor, A Siemens Business Technical Marketing Engineer - Tessent DFT - 7052 in Wilsonville, Oregon
Technical Marketing Engineer - Tessent DFT - 7052
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 7052
Job Category Product Marketing
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technical Marketing Engineer - Tessent DFT - 7052
Job Location: US - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Product Marketing
The Tessent product family seeks a highly motivated, creative and energetic individual to fill the position of Technical Marketing Engineer. Tessent is the market and technology leader of automated tools to insert design-for-test (DFT) structures, automatic test pattern generation (ATPG), and diagnosis & yield analysis based on silicon failures in IC designs. One of the Tessent team’s key focus areas is Automotive test. This position will be involved in helping in the specification and bringing to market of new DFT capabilities to address the quality and reliability needs of this exciting and rapidly growing market segment. This position represents a great opportunity to stay involved technically while getting exposure to sales and marketing at the same time. Some job-related travel will be necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prototype, evaluate, and test new DFT products and features in context of complex IC design flows
• Create and deliver in-depth technical presentations, develop training material, white papers, contributed articles, and application notes.
• Work through complex technical issues and independently create solutions and new methodologies.
• Use your interpersonal communication skills to work with development engineers within Mentor Tessent product family, customers, and Mentor regional application engineers.
• Define and characterize new product capabilities needed to meet customer requirements
• Lead beta programs and support beta partners
• Some travel, domestic and international
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required.
• Must have at least 3+ years of experience in DFT for complex ASICs / SOCs, including some of the following areas: ATPG, memory built-in self-test (MBIST), logic built-in self-test (LBIST), embedded compression, , hierarchical DFT, IEEE 1149.1, IEEE 1687 IJTAG.
• Experience with various EDA tools used for IC design a plus
• Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX environments
• Proficiency in Perl/TCL scripting
• Excellent organization and communication skills, written and verbal
• Public speaking experience is a plus
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.