Mentor, A Siemens Business Sr. Manager, Business Information Architecture & Master Data Management - 7977 in Wilsonville, Oregon
Sr. Manager, Business Information Architecture & Master Data Management - 7977
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 7977
Job Category Finance
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title:Sr. Manager, Business Information Architecture & Master Data Management - 7977
Job Location: US - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Finance
Mentor Graphics is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Data & Analytics, the Sr. Manager / Director of Business Information Architecture & Master Data Management (MDM) will join the organization at an exciting time. Mentor, A Siemens Business is now entering the second year of the integration with Siemens’ Product Life Cycle Management (PL) business unit, creating the largest technical software company in the world.
Advanced analytics is critical to the future growth and success of the integrated entity. The newly combined entity will be immediately implementing a new ERP system and Data Warehousing environment, taking the best practices of each, and incorporating the latest technologies and practices from industry. The Sr. Manager / Director of Business Information Architecture & MDM will be responsible for the master data and hierarchies implementation in the new transaction systems through to the enterprise data warehouse / data lakes.
The role will manage and collaborate with groups around the organization to pursue a coordinated approach to implementing master data and hierarchies common across multiple business functions—including customer, product, statutory company, geography, sales organization, P&L classification, and G/L account hierarchies—to facilitate better communication, reporting, and analytics in the combined company.
The position will provide freedom to innovate, provide leadership, drive creative problem solving and challenge the status quo.
• Bring thought leadership from MDM / Hierarchy establishment, its impact on Data Architecture and the Transactional Systems, through to End User Experience and ultimately Reporting & Analytics. Drive industry best practices for transactional efficiency, dynamic change requirements, and ease of administration.
• Develop a deep understanding of master data uses/needs across the organization
• Assess master data and hierarchy requirements for both operational and analytical business needs
• Create and maintain a road map for master data and hierarchy integration based on ROI of the various initiatives
• Partner cross functionally to drive data definitions for the organization
• Negotiate trade-offs in MDM and reporting hierarchy design with various business stakeholders
• Translate elements of the roadmap into various technical approaches, from short term pilots to longer term implementations across multiple domains and business systems
• Rapidly architect, design, and prototype implementations with business analysts in the various domains
• Research and remain current with Big Data methodologies, such as Hadoop, SAP HANA, AWS, and Microsoft Azure
• Strong technical skills and working knowledge of MDM, data integration, and analytics design and tools
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in information systems, computer science or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of experience demonstrating progression in roles related to data management, ideally in high-tech or software industries
• Strong experience with Data Warehousing modeling and use cases including full Logical Data Warehouse designs
• Experience with Master Data Management tools.
• Experience with data modeling tools such as ERWIN or EMBARCADERO
• Experience designing and developing data governance policies and standards for large organizations
• Highly-organized with excellent project management skills
• Ability to establish high levels of trust requisite to lead organizational change
• Experience simplifying complex technical concepts and presenting to management, including C-level executives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.