Mentor, A Siemens Business Software Development Engineer – Mask Synthesis - 6362 in Wilsonville, Oregon
Software Development Engineer – Mask Synthesis - 6362
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 6362
Job Category R&D/Software Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Development Engineer – Mask Synthesis - 6362
Job Location: US – CA – Fremont
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
We are looking for a highly motivated senior software engineer to work in the Mask Synthesis team in the Calibre business unit. You will be responsible for designing, developing, debugging and supporting the Calibre core software. You will be teaming up with a senior group of software engineers contributing to final production level quality of new components and algorithms and to support existent components.
The Software Development Engineer will have the responsibility of performing the following tasks:
• Design, develop and optimize complete software systems using scientific analysis.
• Modify existing software to correct critical errors in real customer designs.
• Conduct experiments and analyze large data to measure and improve performance of algorithms by incorporating accurate heuristics.
• Development and optimization of advanced functionalities for next generation Calibre Mask Synthesis.
• Conceptualize projects and functional specifications based on feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Interact with other teams such as marketing and customer support to obtain information on functional requirements and priorities for new features.
• Interact with team leads and other engineers to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Interact with QA to develop feature specific testing and validation procedures to ensure quality of results
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline. PhD is a plus.
• Must have 2+ years of software engineering experience in C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX platforms with experience developing large software systems.
• Strong background in algorithms and data structures, mathematics, statistics and data analysis is preferred
• Experience with developing high performance, multi-threaded and distributed software is preferred
• Expertise in various software development tools like debuggers (gdb), version management (CVS), software quality enhancement tools (valgrind, purify, quantify) etc. is required.
• Experience with Calibre SVRF for DRC is a strong plus.
• Must have a strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and be able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills.
• Prior knowledge and experience of manipulation of large data volume is preferred
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different engineers from other group is also required.
• Self-motivation, self-discipline, the ability to setup personal goals and work independently in a dynamic environment are the key success factors for this position.
• Previous experience in EDA, hierarchy management, and large scale system is preferred.
• Preferred Experience with scripting languages (Python, TCL or Perl)
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.