Mentor, A Siemens Business Senior Financial Analyst - 8332 in Wilsonville, Oregon
Senior Financial Analyst - 8332
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 8332
Job Category Finance
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst - 8332
Job Location: USA – OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Finance
Mentor Graphics is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Are you looking for a finance role that has a direct impact on the critical decisions being made by our division leaders? Do you excel in an ever-changing and challenging environment and possess strong technical and communication skills?
The Embedded Systems Division (ESD) is developing some of the most exciting technology in the field of Assisted and Autonomous Driving, Industrial Internet of Things and Machine Learning. This financial analyst will be responsible for the expense forecasting, planning, 3rd party agreements and ad-hoc analysis for the 3 business units within ESD along with the World Trade Direct sales channels that are dedicated to this division. This is a unique opportunity to interact and consult those leaders that are responsible for R&D through Sales.
The Senior Financial Analyst works closely with Division and Sales management and Corporate FP&A functions to own planning, forecasting, control and reporting of ESD related headcount, operational costs and 3rd party agreements.
Key objectives are to work with the Division and Sales management in determining the most financially responsible course in planning and hiring headcount, utilizing outside services, engaging in 3rd party relationships and managing their entire budget. This work will shape the progress and profitability of ESD’s cutting-edge R&D programs and the success of the dedicated sales teams.
The role includes:
• Communicating regularly with Division and Sales managers to consult and prepare accurate system driven monthly forecasts and annual budgets for both operational costs and capital expenditure
• Maintain multiple reporting hierarchies including part setup and cost center and product hierarchies
• Providing Division and Sales management with accounting and company policy advice as well as effective financial analyses to facilitate well informed decisions
• Supporting or leading Division-wide or company-wide financial projects
• Preparing month-end journal entries and variance analysis
• Support division related contractual agreements
• Analyze and review reporting capabilities for enhancements in support of Division and Sales management and general financial reporting
Reports to Division Controller. Occasional travel required
• BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred, with 5+ years related experience, preferably in a sizeable international company with multiple locations and a headcount driven cost base
• Understanding of financial statements and relevant analysis
• Good organization skills, an attention to detail with a high accuracy level and the ability to function under strict deadlines
• Strong analytical skills, ability to capture and analyze data to drive improved results
• Ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly moving environment
• Must be proactive and consistently demonstrate initiative
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in person as well as via e-mail and telephone
• Ability to work independently and to influence others
• Must be able to build and maintain strong working relationships within Finance, the Division, and Sales
• Ability to understand and interpret contractual agreements in order to account and report on them
• Professional and Customer focused with developed project, organization and time management skills
• Advanced Excel, Word and presentation skills. Experience using reporting and visualization tools (SAP, Hyperion, BusinessObjects, QlikView, Tableau) a plus.
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.