Mentor, A Siemens Business IESD Pre-Sales Consultant - Wire Harness - 6995 in Wilsonville, Oregon
IESD Pre-Sales Consultant - Wire Harness - 6995
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 6995
Job Category Technical Marketing
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: IESD Pre-Sales Consultant - Wire Harness - 6995
Job Location: Wilsonville, Oregon or Novi, Michigan
Job Category: Technical Marketing
Deliver worldwide pre-sales support to Siemens PL and Mentor distribution partners engaged with IESD products. Relevant products today are Solid Edge Electrical, VeSys & Capital.
• Provide deep product & domain technical expertise to distribution partners. Advise partners on product functionality, differentiation & value propositions, and sales engagement dynamics. Personally engage in important sales projects. Advise deployment activity as needed.
• In collaboration with IESD enablement staff create, maintain & deliver appropriate distributor training material. Drive distributors towards self-sufficiency.
• Help IESD marketing staff design annual mid-market oriented marketing/demand generation plans, and ensure execution. Create, maintain & publish mid-market oriented marketing assets.
• Be recognized within IESD, Siemens PL and the distributor community as a valuable contributor. Engage directly with relevant groups, examples: distributor management (to maximize engagement); PL Mainstream (Solid Edge), IESD portfolio teams (to influence product roadmap).
• Represent IESD’s distribution business at internal & external events. Help Mentor/PL identify opportunities to expand distribution coverage for IESD products.
• Help IESD marketing staff research, maintain and communicate relevant competitor insight.
This position will probably report to IESD Marketing & Business Operations Director.
This position can be based either in Wilsonville, Oregon or Novi, Michigan.
This position requires a committed, outgoing individual who is able to build both technical and sales/commercial credibility, including in customer facing situations.
• Significant experience working with electrical tools sold into mid-market industrial applications. Experience with products such as VeSys, Capital, ePLAN range, Zuken E.3, IGE+XAO SEE Electrical, SOLIDWORKS Electrical or AutoCAD Electrical is a strong advantage. Application engineering, technical sales, technical marketing or product support are ideal backgrounds.
• Significant experience working with distribution channels selling technical products B2B, ideally in a channel support role. Adept at enablement & coaching. Aware of distribution business models & commercial dynamics.
• Excellent personal credibility and communication skills/personality, in both technical and commercial situations. Customer engagement will range from users to middle management, or small company executive management & owners. Excellent spoken & written English is mandatory; other languages are an advantage.
• Ability to analyse technical & commercial data, to synthesize conclusions, and drive initiatives to conclusion.
• Capable of creating high quality collateral, examples: presentations; product demonstrations; reference documents. Able to make assets highly re-usable/scalable/self-standing.
• Future potential to manage a small group of people focused on channel support (though today there are no specific plans for this).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.