Mentor, A Siemens Business Senior Software Engineer (C++, logic simulation) - 8158 in Waltham 2, Massachusetts
Senior Software Engineer (C++, logic simulation) - 8158
Work Location US - MA, Waltham 2
Req ID 8158
Job Category R&D/Software Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (C++, logic simulation) - 8158
Job Location: USA – MA - Waltham
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
Mentor, a Siemens Business enables companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design.
We are looking for an experienced software development engineer to work in the Mentor Emulation Division (MED). You will be working in a team that provides visibility for every signal in the circuit designs under verification by extracting, manipulating, and modeling the data from emulator. Your work will be mostly in C++ on Linux. Occasionally you will write system level tests in Verilog/VHDL that use software simulation tools. This position will include interaction with other software teams as well as MED hardware teams in an international, multi-site, development environment. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complex problems and developing innovative solutions.
- MS or PHD in Computer Engineering or related field.
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++.
- Experience with algorithm and data structure design.
- Understanding of gate level digital logic design.
- Understanding of a Hardware Description Language (Verilog/VHDL).
- Experience with software testing methods.
- Excel both in a team-oriented development and working independently.
- Experience in use of a software simulation tool (Modelsim, etc.).
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
- Experience in software development tools (Git, gdb, etc.).
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.