Mentor, A Siemens Business System Accounts Functional Verification Account Technology Manager - 7934 in United States
System Accounts Functional Verification Account Technology Manager - 7934
Work Location XX - Remote Location - North America
Req ID 7934
Job Category Sales
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: System Accounts Functional Verification Account Technology Manager - 7934
Job Location: US - Remote
Job Category: Sales
****This position can be located anywhere within the US, either at a Mentor office or working remotely.****
The Account Technology Manager (ATM) is responsible for development and execution of the strategy to achieve specific business targets and strategic objectives for digital functional verification products (Questa platform) within selected set of System Accounts in the Americas.
Over the years, Mentor Graphics has grown very large Functional Verification install base in number of leading Mil-Aero Systems customers. These growth have been achieved by adopting long term investment strategy supported by industry leading advanced verification technologies, consultative approach, and resource investment. This ATM role is expected to extract the best practices and lessons learnt from the growth of these accounts to scale and apply those techniques to grow next set of targeted System Accounts.
The ATM will also need to drive the priorities of all Functional Verification Product Line opportunities in the targeted accounts and provide a clear prioritization for resource allocation to the field technical resource management and BU. This person will thus be responsible for maintaining up-to-date data for tracking engagements including sales stage, progress against plan, action items, risks and prioritization.
As part of this role, the ATM is responsible for defining the technical account plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the initial win, proliferation and strategic development partnerships with customers in the accounts. This person will work closely with the Account Manager and Technical Account Manager (where relevant) to develop this plan and the Account Manager must ultimately approve this plan. Growth through competitive replacement is a key focus of this role. This person is expected to uncover and qualify competitive replacement opportunities, work with Account Manager and Technical Account Manager (where relevant) to develop technical campaign, secure technical resource and buy-in from both Field technical management and BU, and drive the campaign to closure.
Develop the overall FV product strategy along with the Field technical management to achieve business targets and strategic objectives based on WTO and BU needs. Business targets and strategic objectives are defined by WTO in conjunction with the BU. The strategy to achieve those business targets requires the construction of a top-down and bottom-up plan account by account within a territory (including calling out strategy to capture unidentified business in that territory)
- Learn and document best practices from existing large FV install Mil-Aero Accounts. Create collaterals on how to scale and apply the best practices to next set of accounts.
- Define technical account engagement plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the results. The strategy and plans for each account must be approved by the Account Manager.
- Lead and manage the account campaigns for the FV product families.
- Ensure understanding of all elements of any technical campaign - decision process, success criteria, committed usage upon success, run rate impact, AE resources required and, of course, solving the customer’s problem.
- Establish regular meetings with specific customer management to support successful campaigns
- Align with account team on business opportunities and build up the engagement tracking mechanism to ensure ability to summarize data and communicate progress vs plan across multiple accounts effectively
- Define, track and report the priorities for all engagements at every stage and communicate closely with technical management helping to prioritize engagements and short vs. long-term objectives
- Build strong customer relationships to enable establishment of strategic relationships for Mentor in product / technology
- Serve as the key field resource to summarize competitive threats and opportunities
- BS Degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of related experience
- Experience working with Mil-Aero System Accounts – US citizenship required
- Financial understanding
- Organizational knowledge
- Product, market, and industry knowledge in functional verification technology
- Negotiating skills
- Prospecting/uncovering skills
- Demand creation
- Create and maintain technical campaigns
- Set appropriate expectations and decision criteria
- Bring technical campaigns to successful closure
- Positive relationship with account management
- Positive relationships with field technical organization
- Positive relationships with business unit R&D and Marketing
- Professional customer presence
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.