Mentor, A Siemens Business Technical Manager - Floefd Product - 6964 in Tokyo, Japan
Technical Manager - Floefd Product - 6964
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technical Manager - Floefd Product - 6964
Job Location: Japan - Tokyo
Job Category: Technical Marketing
Mentor A Siemens Business seeks a highly motivated technologist with the capability and desire to make a significant contribution to the FloEFD business in Japan. This latest addition to our world class team will take responsibility of working with direct and indirect sales channels including Siemens PLM ones from FloEFD Product Line perspective.
The role requires a strong engineering background, excellent analytical capabilities, and strong communication skills to articulate the value of FloEFD CAD embedded solutions to customers, distributors and field specialists as well as describe product requirements to software development teams. We are looking for a product evangelist who – with great enthusiasm – will create confidence in FloEFD, its prime capabilities and sweet spot applications and thus enable direct sales forces and distributors to penetrate into our existing and new markets with very high success rates.
The responsibilities of this position will include;
• Working with our Mentor FPO and Siemens PLM sales organisations to establish strong worldwide distribution capabilities for FloEFD
• Working with our direct channels and distribution partners in Japan with the possibility to extend this activity in PacRim to build technical and commercial confidence in the FloEFD product leading to boost sales successes
• Working with sales organisations (sales, presales and engineering) to identify key accounts as well as distributors that require assistance and report back findings from such assistance and successes as well as ways to improve their performance
• Investigating customer industry spread and application and determine priority accounts and applications to focus for FloEFD products to engage with
• Guiding and monitoring selected key sales and benchmark activities (or if assistance is requested) to ensure high success rate
• Putting special attention on Siemens NX and Solid Edge sales forces including direct sales forces and related distributors in order to launch the further support of FloEFD business here
• Helping to define market requirements for future versions of FloEFD and working collaboratively with Product Managers, software developers to implement a solution that addresses those market needs
• Providing advanced application support and guidance for the FloEFD product
• Assisting key direct sales forces and distributors in organizing of FloEFD related events/workshops
• Promoting the FloEFD product through Conferences, Technical Papers, Webinars, and Presentations etc.
The following skills need to be demonstrated by the successful candidate:
• Be able to use/demonstrate FloEFD “in anger” and to show it in its best light as well as perform benchmarks and validation calculations using FloEFD
• A solid background in fluiddynamics/analysis and adjacent methodologies and understand it’s application in the engineering world
• Ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders to define and drive priorities among and within projects
• Able to communicate effectively with engineers, AEs, product managers, salespeople and management
• Willingness to travel, including international, up to 50%
• Basic English language skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BS degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required. MS degree is preferred.
• 3-6 years of recent working experience as a mechanical engineer in CFD, thermal characterization and CAE (preferably Mechanical Analysis tools)