Mentor, A Siemens Business Open Source Software Engineer - 8302 in St. Petersburg, Russia
Open Source Software Engineer - 8302
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Open Source Software Engineer - 8302
Job Location: Russia - Moscow
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
• The successful candidate for this position would work out of our St. Petersburg, Russia office.
• You will design and implement services built upon Mentor Graphics software products, open source components and/or custom platforms. The operational responsibilities listed below cover the main function of the position, but from time to time this can change and/or special requests may be made.
• Work with QA, Customer Support, sales and customers to understand and support customer needs and requirements.
• Analyze project requirements, communicate with customer at early engagement stage to fill in sales with proper technical background as well as provide necessary consulting.
• Help project managers, lead project planning and tracking - requirements analysis, task analysis, work breakdown, and schedule estimation.
• Create functional, design specifications and other project documentation. Review internal and external product documentation and provide appropriate input to other parties involved in the project.
• Interface with developers, managers and customer's technical and management contacts as needed to understand and manage interdependencies of project tasks.
• Participate in reviews and/or inspections of designs, specifications, and code. Play active role in implementation stage, especially with critical-path's tasks.
• Track main open source community efforts and specific projects that potential customer engagements may rely upon.
• 3 plus years experience in embedded system design based on Open Source software for ARM, X86 and other processor families
• Experience in low-level programming, drivers, BSP, hardware bring-up for modern hardware in any of the following architecture families: ARM, PowerPC, MIPS, X86, SH
• Absolute (A++) knowledge of C.
• Experience with assembly language programming, C++, Python, Perl, Bash and GNU toolchains, auto-tools knowledge
• Embedded Linux experience required
• Android BSP development experience is a plus
• QT knowledge is a plus
• Real Time Operating Systems knowledge
• Design documentation writing skills/experience
• Customer facing experience is a plus
• Good English skills required
• Good team player
• Ability to travel is a plus
• Excellent communication skills is a must
• Able to work effectively within a fast-paced multi-national engineering environment