Mentor, A Siemens Business Application Engineer - 8605 in Singapore, Singapore
Application Engineer - 8605
Work Location SG - Singapore
Req ID 8605
Job Category Applications Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Application Engineer - 8605
Job Location: Singapore
Job Category: Applications Engineering
Work with Customers for Calibre DS technical issue or rules deck optimization for performance improvement.
Work closely with the customers to address their needs utilizing the Calibre DS line of design to-silicon software products and services.
Deliver and conduct technical presentations, demo and training for tool promotion and tool usage expansion.
Provide evaluation and benchmark support, and support initial customer deployment. For example, write Calibre PERC, TCL script for tool evaluation base on customer’s spec.
Knowledgeable to identity bottlenecks and work around, help file DR/ER base on customer’s future needs.
Establish close relationship with customers to help facilitate achieving sales objectives and to provide ongoing services.
Support the adoption, proliferation and successful production deployment of Calibre products in the design to mask production flow.
Communication with Factory with field technical needs base on business requirements
1. MSEE or BS in EE background.
2. Minimum 5+ yr experience in IC physical verification area, such as:
- Writing DRC/LVS rule deck and build RC extraction rule setup file
- Familiar advance node requirement for PM/Double/Triple pattern check and SmartFill for dummy insertion, via doubling flow
- Familiar advance node device properties LOD, Nwell proximity extraction concept.
- Strong scripting skills in CAD environments, such as TCL, perl language.
- Familiar with the Custom IC and ASIC IC design flow
- Familiar with Calibre Design Rules Checks (DRC/Delta-V/PM/MP/TP/LVS) rule writing and Standard Verification Rule Format (SVRF) and Embedded SVRF rule languages.
- AE experience or CAD experience in physical verification area.
3. Familiar with parasitic RC extraction tool like Calibre XRC/xACT-3D or StarRCxt or QRC, digital and analog design post-layout simulation flow.
4. Knowledge and experience of circuit design guideline, reliability, latch up and ESD checking rule.
5. Program ability like TCL, perl, shell script.. etc
6. Knowledge of UNIX, LINUX.
7. Strong customer interaction skills
8. A team player as well as independent worker
9. Good English communication skill, speaking and writing.