Mentor, A Siemens Business Application Engineer - 8268 in Shanghai, China
Application Engineer - 8268
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Application Engineer - 8268
Job Location: China - Shanghai
Job Category: Applications Engineering
1. Enabling customers to significantly improve their electrical design processes by the adoption of Mentor Graphics’ design automation tools
2. Enabling customers to use and deploy Mentor Graphics software for electrical, and Mechatronics design in pre-sales situations.
3. Articulate the technical improvements and return on investment of applying new processes and tools for electrical and harness design
4. Work with Account Manager to determine sales execution strategy by identifying and qualifying customer needs and Mentor Graphics’ software products.
5. Supporting sales activity with product demonstrations, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking.
6. Develop market segment and technical account strategies, in order to grow the presence of the transportation products in new and named accounts.
7. Work closely with Mentor TMEs to coordinate and support product deployments.
8. Provide key market overviews to the factory to drive industry applicable functionality.
- Pre-sales activities of the wire harness design tool suite “Capital” in cooperation with account sales team
- Planning and execution of Capital sales strategy working closely with R&D Division in UK
- Business development and delivery of solution proposal to target customers
- Driving adoption and deployment support of Capital
1. Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering preferred.
2. Industry expertise in electrical and electronic systems or related areas
3. Hands on experience with Electrical and Harness systems design through manufacture
4. Demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organizations while maintaining a company internal network of contacts.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
6. Familiar with JAVA, Oracle or SQL database
7. Familiar with NetBeans, and SOAP/XML specification
8. 5 years of electrical system design experience is a plus.