Mentor, A Siemens Business Project/Program Manager - Valor Operations - 7761 in Rehovot, Israel
Project/Program Manager - Valor Operations - 7761
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Project/Program Manager - Valor Operations - 7761
Job Location: Israel - Rehovot
Job Category: Project Management
The Valor Division provides software to eliminate mistakes, reduce costs, and accelerate and optimize designs prior to actual fabrication and assembly and then provide operational control during manufacturing. We now have an opportunity to establish a Project/Program Management Team and are looking for highly motivated, responsible and self-starting managers to drive the planning, execution and delivery of all products within the Valor portfolio. The purposes of the role is:
• The Project/Program manager is responsible for developing Valor products by managing the development process, and helping with product launches.
• They work at all facets of the project cycle and oversee the members of the program/project team, ensuring that all deadlines are met and goals are reached.
• Key functions of this role are problem solving and risk mitigation
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage the project lifecycle from Initial Planning to Project Kickoff to Design & Development and Testing to First Customer Ship and any required Maintenance (Defect Resolution). This includes ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meets business & technical requirements and is within the agreed budget (if applicable).
• Work within a matrix management and delivery structure to oversee technical and SME project staff assigned by management
• Manage both internal staff and external sub-contractors
• Report on project progress to key internal and external stakeholders
• Anticipate, manage and resolve issues and act as the point of contact for the project
• Use best practice risk management, assessing risks in an informed and considered manner and to plan for the mitigation of these risks
• Manage customer expectations and maintain trusting customer relationships
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related field is required. MS degree is preferred.
• 10 or more years of technical experience in QA or software development environments
• Experience with ClearQuest
• Ability to be a self-starter who is dedicated to the teams and their projects
• Ability to contribute what it takes to meet deadlines and scheduled deliverables