Mentor, A Siemens Business QA Engineer - 7484 in Rabat, Morocco
QA Engineer - 7484
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: QA Engineer - 7484
Job Location: Morocco - Rabat
Job Category: Software Quality Assurance
- Provide support to R&D and Product Engineers to execute unit and engine specific flow tests
- Create and perform Test Plans for new features
- Create unit and flow tests, execute tests against code developed by R&D engineers, reports defects and provide judgment.
- Work closely with R&D and Product Engineers in reporting and testing tool defects and enhancements
- Qualify module specific executable for release to Product Flow Engineers
- Provide an assessment for the owned engine/flow during release signoff.
- Assist Product Engineers to create documentation for new and existing features
- Understand and manage interdependencies of software engines and flows
- Report regularly and spontaneously the quality status of the engine and or the flow owned through the tools used by the team.
- Maintain regularly and spontaneously communication with RnD/PE and the customer supported.
- Engineering degree in Elec or E&CE (VLSI) or Computer Science.
- Up to 3 years’ experience in ASIC Flow and tools, Physical design, Product Validation.
- Prefer Place & Route sub flows experts ->Timing, CTS, Placement, Routing, Optimization, MultiVoltage, DRC/LVS/GDS2
- Strong trouble shooting skills. Ability to focus on solving problems individually and as part of a team
- Scripting skills in Tcl & Perl are a MUST.
- Working knowledge of Unix is required
- Exposure to code coverage tools, performance profiling tools
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Experience on P&R tool or Nitro is a plus
- Prior experience in creation of regression tests is a plus
- Self-motivated and able to work independently