Mentor, A Siemens Business Test Senior Manager - 6962 in Pune, India
Test Senior Manager - 6962
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Test Senior Engineer - 6962
Job Location: India - Pune
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
The Valor Division provides software to eliminate mistakes, reduce costs, and accelerate and optimize designs prior to actual fabrication and assembly. We now have an opportunity to establish a QA/Test Team in Noida, India and are looking for a highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Senior Manager to manage the QA/Test process as we move forward in the evolution of the Next Generation Process Preparation product family and other Valor Engineering Solutions. The purposes of the role is:
• To ensure that all future releases of the Process Preparation product family are fully tested ensuring high quality product releases.
• Create and ensure compliance of a comprehensive test environment for Valor Engineering Solutions
• Provide a management structure to further expand the Valor Engineering Solutions presence within Noida region
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide a leadership for the QA/Test Team for Valor Engineering Solutions (VES)
• Provide significant input in the release readiness process from the QA perspective
• Be the Quality Advocate for VES by:
- Holding the team accountable for quality in the regular decisions they make
- Working with the Solution Architects and Product Owners to shape new functionality and ensure usability meets customer expectations.
- Leading team in testing activities like code bashes to harden functional areas
- Providing estimates of testing effort and proposes automated solutions during initial phases of software development. Articulates concerns about testability of new features if necessary
• Drive the development of a comprehensive test environment maximizing efficiency by:
- Creating automated test coverage for new functionality. This should sufficiently ensure the functionality is working correctly release to release without additional manual testing
- Understanding Test Farm knowledge - know how to run, review, and update automate tests.
- Creating responsible tests using the right size designs with manageable replays.
- Uses specific testing conditions to verify a given scenario, avoiding checks that are too general (Ex: unnecessary log file comparisons).
- Documenting regression tests so other teams/developers can easily understand what the test is doing
- Detecting tests created using designs in incorrect state and fixes/removes them. (Ex: tests with completely broken designs where tests pass)
- Understanding SVN and branching strategies used by Test Farm and our development process
- Ensuring automated coverage is added for each defect if coverage does not already exist
- Pushing the team to create new testing methods for functionality that cannot be automated today
- Using Code Coverage to reduce the number of tests being run.
- Using Code Coverage as a subjective measure of sufficient automated coverage for a functional area
- Requesting new instrumentation commands be created as needs arise
- Proactively implements new testing methods and tools that may improve quality
- Using bulk/parametric testing techniques to ensure broader coverage of functional areas
Applications are invited from high-caliber individuals with the following profile:
• Degree in Software Engineering or related field
• Significant knowledge and practical experience in software test methodology including automation
• Good knowledge of design and engineering processes in the electronics vertical industries. Including a deep understanding of the competitive environment (strength, weakness, opportunity, threat)
• Proven track record of delivering projects on time
• Possess scripting skill (e.g., perl, java, etc)
• Have the ability to use debugger tools to investigate defects
• Be able to analyze source code for code coverage exercises
• Excellent English communication skills; both verbal and written. Especially being able to communicate effectively with management on software issues and how that may impact service.
• Experience of agile software development processes. Instill the importance of community teamwork across all disciplines.
• In-depth knowledge of quality assurance practices
• Ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced engineering organization
• Have ability to reach decisions under conditions of uncertainty or high risk
• Significant travel anticipated (25-40% initially), must have no travel constraints