Mentor, A Siemens Business Test Engineer - 6960 in Pune, India
Test Engineer - 6960
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Test Engineer - 6960
Job Location: India - Pune
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
The Valor Division provides software to eliminate mistakes, reduce costs, and accelerate and optimize designs prior to actual fabrication and assembly. We now have an opportunity to establish a QA/Test Team in Noida, India and are looking for a highly motivated, responsible and self-starting engineers to be part of the of the QA/Test process as we move forward in the evolution of the Next Generation Process Preparation product family and other Valor Engineering Solutions. The purposes of the role is:
• To ensure that all future releases of the Process Preparation product family are fully tested ensuring high quality product releases
• Be part of the team that is charted to create and ensure compliance of a comprehensive test environment for Valor Engineering Solutions
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct product capability testing to include feature, system and flow-level testing
• Assist in performance, installation and platform testing
• Perform troubleshooting to isolate defects and perform Root Cause Analysis to prevent similar problems
• Assist in the creation and implementation of test plans, test cases and automated tests/scripts
• Work closely with the software developers to ensure the development of high quality code
• 3-5 Years of experience in a QA/Test role
• Degree in Software Engineering or related field
• Significant knowledge and practical experience in software test methodology including automated test processes
• Possess scripting skill (e.g., perl, java, etc)
• Have the ability to use debugger tools to investigate defects
• Be able to analyze source code for code coverage exercises
• Excellent English communication skills; both verbal and written. Especially being able to communicate effectively with management on software issues and how that may impact service.
• Knowledge of quality assurance practices
• Ability to work independently and overcome challenging problems.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a development team.
• Ability to contribute proactively in a positive way with all members of the project team.