Mentor, A Siemens Business Senior Software Engineer, Active Noise Control - 8232 in Novi, Michigan
Senior Software Engineer, Active Noise Control - 8232
Work Location US - MI, Novi
Req ID 8232
Job Category R&D/Software Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Active Noise Control - 8232
Job Location: USA – Michigan - Novi
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
• Implements Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) system design in support of production programs, including development of new features, bug fixes, and tuning methodology.
• Analyzes customer/internal requirements and specifications and translate these into high quality software implementations.
• Performs extensive unit and system level testing to ensure that all requirements are met.
• Supports Business/Sales groups by providing ANC technical support during customer events and responding to pre-sales technical inquiries by customers.
• Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
• Documents software based designs and algorithms for both developers and customers.
• Deploy ANC hardware and software into customer vehicles for evaluation at their site.
• Bachelors/ Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or technical equivalent.
• Skilled C and/or C++ programmer.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Automotive Industry.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience applying ANC in practical applications.
• Experience using MATLAB, Octave, SciPy or similar mathematical tools.
• Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's, emulators, compilers, etc).
• Working knowledge of embedded operating systems, including developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded and multi-processor environment.
• Exposure to a range of DSP platforms.
• Knowledge of fixed-point DSP programming.
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as Lua, Python, etc.
• Experience with Audio signal processing.
• Experience with configuration management software (SVN, GIT, etc.).
• Willingness to travel, domestic or international, up to 25% of the time.
• This position is based in Novi, MI.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.