Mentor, A Siemens Business Technical Marketing Engineer - 8272 in Munich, Germany
Technical Marketing Engineer - 8272
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technical Marketing Engineer - 8272
Job Location: Germany - Munich
Job Category: Technical Marketing
The Technical Marketing Engineer’s (TME) primary purpose is working closely with customers, manufacturers, Field Application Engineers and sales team members to promote Mentor Graphics Board Systems Division (BSD) products. In the context of sales-operations, the TME shall be a technical ‘go-to’ person in the division for the AEs and is responsible for sales channel support and assisting AEs with technical product evaluations. Additional responsibilities will be working with manufacturers and local service bureaus to provide reference designs and design kits to support other customer requirements.
• To effectively convey the value and benefits of Mentor Graphics BSD applications.
• To work as part of a cross-functional team on marketing campaigns, delivering the technical marketing content required.
• To contribute to the product development plans as representation of the market.
• To support pre-release field testing of upcoming software versions.
• To be able to assess customer’s technical requirements in order to develop and implement technical sales plans. This may be through telephone contact, delivery of presentations, conducting demonstrations, articulating product value statements, configuration advice and engagement in technical benchmarks and evaluations.
• To drive products into customer projects to ensure adoption by creating methodology and flows; this may include integration into a customer’s environment and the identification of pilot projects for tool use and the introduction of new methodologies and flows.
• To assess the technical viability of an opportunity and communicate it clearly to the sales team. Using this information to establish success criteria for technical engagements that effectively position Mentor Graphics’ areas of strength.
• To share, in a proactive manner, account, evaluation, competitor, technology and other useful information as it relates to applications with peers, sales teams, management and product divisions to help us to compete more effectively.
• To train and support Field Application Engineers on applications so that they may become self-sufficient for pre-sales activities.
• BSEE or BSCS is preferred
• 5 + years of EDA experience
• Ability to prioritize and document all activities based on business ROI
• Deep understanding of the underlying design, fabrication and assembly technology
• Can explain the underlying mechanics of the application that helps users get the best out of our solutions
• Capable of characterizing and implementing scripts, libraries and other functionality required for successful tool or flow deployment
• Comfortable presenting at all levels from technical to executive and sizes from small to very large
* No travel restrictions
* Must possess extremely strong communication skills