Mentor, A Siemens Business Application Engineer - 8581 in Meudon, France
Application Engineer - 8581
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Application Engineer - 8581
Job Location: France - Meudon
Job Category: Applications Engineering
We are seeking an Application Engineer for our European Technical Organization within the Mechanical Analysis Division (MAD).
1. Provide engineering technical support during pre-sales process to continuously grow business opportunities by:
- Demonstrating our software & hardware and add-on modules;
- Conducting hands-on workshops & consultings;
- Conduct benchmarks with an agreed evaluation plan;
- Operate and install proprietary software on various operating systems;
2. Interact with customers & prospects on a self-reliant professional level;
3. Demonstrate the company’s commitment to the industry and further build up company’s reputation
- Provide the necessary support of any software evaluation with an agreed evaluation plan;
- Visit customers & prospects onsite;
- Develop software implementation plans;
- Regular feedback and progress report to the AAM sales team
4. Strong focus on increased penetration and market share at targeted accounts
5. Provide technical feedback to Management with regards to product planning for all Mechanical Analysis Division products.
Skills and experience required:
The ideal candidate will have the educational and/or professional work experience to provide the highest level of technical and customer service to our prospective, new and existing customers. The position calls for the following:
1. Master degree/or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field with coursework or concentration in the fields of fluid- and thermo dynamics.
2. Minimum 2 years or more working experience in related industry.
3. Sales oriented self-starter with driver capabilities.
4. Excellent presentation and communication skills.
5. High level of customer service skills including the ability to deal with customers by telephone.
6. Experience with CAE software products, such as CFD, FEA, preferably FloEFD, Flotherm and Flowmaster. Experience in other commercial CFD codes helpful.
7. Experience with Mechanical CAD products (preferably CREO, CATIA V5, Siemens NX, SolidEdge or Solidworks).
8. Ability to communicate on different levels within the account organizations with sensitiveness for customer needs.
9. Strong ability to identify opportunities, suggest and follow-up on them.
10. Native French speaker with very good English skills, both written and spoken. Preferably with additional German skills.
11. Willingness to travel on a regular base (around 40%)