Mentor, A Siemens Business Capital Corporate Application Engineer - 8549 in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Capital Corporate Application Engineer - 8549
Work Location US - MA, Marlborough
Req ID 8549
Job Category Customer Support
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Capital Corporate Application Engineer - 8549
Job Location: US - MA - Marlborough
Job Category: Customer Support
Mentor Graphics is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to developnew and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board, and system design.
• Proactively help customers quickly become productive with the Capital
• Introduce and drive the adoption of tools, features, enhancements, services, thus contributing to the continuous growth of customer support business
• Assist account teams with struggling customers
• Interface with customers and 2nd line support and provide feedback in both directions
• Provide 1st line support for all tools in the Capital and VeSys Tool Suite
• Engage with existing customers to understand and provide support and guidance for their design and manufacturing methodology and challenges
• Evaluation of customer specific enhancements in beta-state of the software
• Deliver Training for Capital, Capital Harness Classic and VeSys
• Regularly participate in meetings and conference calls with customers
• Help customers to achieve project deadlines by providing support by phone, by electronic means or on-site
• Work as part of the account team to develop solutions for customer issues and take an active role to communicate these solutions to the customer.
• Capture knowledge for web-based support systems
• Provide pro-active customer feedback into product marketing and engineering to drive improvement and future evolution of the product line
• Actively participate in marketing and sales activities such as, workshops, seminars, etc.
• Provide customer advocacy and product supportability to influence product direction and quality
• Covering support for North America and offering worldwide assistance
• Broad knowledge in the electrical system & wire harness domain
• Detailed understanding of the whole process of design, manufacture and service of harnesses
• Experience with Mentor Graphics Capital tools or other electrical system design tools/flows
• Knowledge of MCAD systems (e.g. NX, ProE, CATIA)
• System and database administration for Progress, Oracle and PostgreSQL installations and sys-admin trainings a plus
• Candidate must be self-motivated, be able to work independently but collaboratively and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving product and technical environment.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer’s organizations while maintaining a company internal network of contacts
• Manage multiple tasks and customer issues concurrently
• Strong technical communication skills and presentation skills
• Strong project management and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
• BSEE or BSME, 5+ years of electrical system (and/or electrical harness) design and manufacturing experience desired
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.