Mentor, A Siemens Business Senior Lead Engineer - 7885 in Hyderabad, India
Senior Lead Engineer - 7885
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Senior Lead Engineer - 7885
Job Location: India - Hyderabad
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
Mentor Graphics® is a leader in automation software for electrical and electronic industries. We enable companies to develop better products faster and more cost-effectively. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of electrical, PCB and chip design.
Mentor’s IESD division develops CAPITAL, a software suite used globally by automotive and aerospace manufacturers and wire harness suppliers to enhance their electrical distribution system (EDS) design and manufacturing flows.
CAPITAL is a Java-based tool that encompasses the following technologies:
• Computer Aided Design and Engineering
• Relational Database (Oracle, Postgres)
• Object Oriented Design and Development
• Windows and UNIX operating systems
• Web-services and API’s for customer-specific integration and customization
• Highly interactive Web and tablet clients
• Framework for automated regression and performance testing
We have an open position for Software Development Lead Engineer to join our Engineering team. The successful candidate will be required to work within a team using agile SCRUM methodology, and implementing user stories. The candidate will aim to ensure that the stories are developed with the highest levels of quality within the sprint.
As a software development lead engineer in the Electrical Systems Division of Mentor Graphics, the incumbent is required to understand, design and implement solutions for the electrical systems domain.
1. Interact with marketing to transform requirements into software specifications
2. Design and implement the functionality for the requirements
3. Participate in code/design reviews and continuous improvement of product line
4. Interact with co-workers and stakeholders to improve the quality of the product
5. Provide support to customer services group for addressing customers issues
1. Technical strong in Java, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design
2. Exposure to writing unit tests
3. Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities with a knack for developing algorithms
4. Ability to learn new technologies
5. Ability to understand the design and contribute to the design process
6. Highly self-motivated with an eagerness to learn and take initiatives
7. Follow software development best practices, lifecycle and methodologies
8. Good verbal and written English communication skills
9. Engineering graduate or post-graduate in any field of engineering with 10-15 years of experience with leadership skills/traits.
Experience Range: 10 to 15 years