Mentor, A Siemens Business Verification IP Product Manager - 7105 in Fremont, California
Verification IP Product Manager - 7105
Work Location US - CA, Fremont
Req ID 7105
Job Category Product Marketing
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Verification IP Product Manager - 7105
Job Location: US - CA - Fremont
Job Category: Product Marketing
In the role of Verification IP Product Manager, you will be part of a global marketing organization directly responsible for the marketing of Questa VIP products. Specifically, as a Verification IP Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and driving the strategy for Questa VIP products to maximize Mentor’s business in both the semiconductor and systems market segments.
As a Verification IP Product Manager, you will be responsible for the overall development of QVIP product strategies, including product roadmaps and the product development life cycle. You will work closely with QVIP customers, key industry and academia technologists, QVIP R&D, and key Mentor technologists to identify and analyze verification IP trends to maximize business in this product line. You will need demonstrated expertise in understanding, documenting and prioritizing customer requirements into business, product and promotional plans.
A successful candidate must have a strong desire and enthusiasm for working with customers, account teams, distributors, internal groups and other industry experts to maximize our business in the semiconductor and systems market segments. You must be able to effectively communicate with all levels from engineers to executives as gather requirements and promote our simulation solutions to customers. Driving collaboration is a must along with the ability to indirectly influence others within marketing, engineering and sales, across divisions and with 3rd party partners.
A successful candidate must also have practical exposure to SoC and IP design processes, as well as leading edge functional verification tools and methodologies, with specific emphasis on the impact of verification IP. The candidate must have a deep appreciation of the challenges and evolving use-models associated with how verification IP is used to verify and validate semiconductor and systems designs.
• Determine appropriate partners based on strategic & business alignment. Develop and implement partnerships to support the business objectives of DVT. Drive PR and sustaining outbound marketing strategy collateral with partners.
• Analyze marketing segments and target platforms. Quantify business opportunities and drive priority discussions in the Product Core Team. Collect, update, and maintain competitive information, identify differentiation opportunities, and determine optimal pricing and packaging strategies.
• Quantify business opportunities and support collaboration with other complementary product groups.
• Develop business relationships with strategic customers and account teams. Develop plans to ensure sales engagement and business success.
• Generate 1-3 year roadmaps and 3-5 year vision presentations. Determine collateral priorities including new product introduction and business introduction presentations. Develop customer engagement plan template.
• Develop and implement launch plans for new products and technologies as needed. Determine messaging, positioning, and communicating to the industry for awareness and to the field for sales effectiveness.
• Determine messaging, positioning, and communicating at conference, and determine requirements and priorities for collateral generation.
• The ideal candidate will bring a mixture of business, marketing, and technical skills to the position of Verification IP Product Manager, plus
• 10+ years professional with experience in the business of design, verification, and validation using verification IP.
• Strong knowledge of and exposure to verification tools and methodologies
• Very strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels from engineering through upper management
• Proven success communicating and driving collaboration within the direct organization, between cross-functional teams and with partners
• Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts
• Willing to travel 25% of the time, including occasional international travel
• Experience in both field and divisional organizations. Understands both perspectives.
• Experience in the sales process of complex systems. Understands the elements of selling.
• Familiarity in both direct and indirect distribution organizations. Able to work in both environments.
Must be located in North America. Proximity to Silicon Valley is preferred, but Wilsonville, Longmont, and Southern California would be acceptable.
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.