Mentor, A Siemens Business Technical Marketing Engineer (EM/IR, Power Integrity) - 8745 in Fremont, California
Technical Marketing Engineer (EM/IR, Power Integrity) - 8745
Work Location US - CA, Fremont
Req ID 8745
Job Category Technical Marketing
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title:Technical Marketing Engineer (EM/IR, Power Integrity)- 8745
Job Location: US - CA - Fremont
Job Category: Technical Marketing
Mentor Graphics seeks a highly motivated technologist with the capability and desire to make a significant contribution to the IC design and manufacturing industry. This latest addition to our world class team will support the creation and market introduction of new solutions in the Power Integrity product line focusing on the area of power analysis and reliability signoff.
This Technical Marketing Engineer position at Mentor Graphics plays an important role in the success of Mentor’s customers as they design the state-of-the-art IC products which push the limits of technical complexity, time to market and silicon processes. This person will have the opportunity to work with design companies and R&D to solve technical challenges in the areas of power integrity, EM, IR drop, and reliability. S/he will have the opportunity to explore different design complexity, various application domains, and multiple advanced process geometry nodes.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Deliver technical customer service to build and improve customer relationships, ensuring long-term customer satisfaction
• Validate and improve analysis flow and verification methodology. Assist efficiently with further deployment of the core technology.
• Perform benchmarks at various customers demonstrating hands-on technical expertise as needed.
• Create comprehensive, detailed requirement documents for feasible solution plans. Follow through on these plans with R&D based on clear objectives and milestones.
• Help create user’s guide or white paper documentation. Develop tutorial/training material and deliver product training to internal staff or external customers.
• Engage proactively with internal and external ecosystem partners in realizing Mentor power integrity and reliability analysis product differentiation that result in tangible revenue impact.
• Facilitate efficient and clear communication among the various stakeholders
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field is required. MS degree is highly preferred.
• Should have 2 or more years of relevant experience in the semiconductor IC design or EDA industry
• Strong knowledge and experience with a combination of the following areas is required: place-and-route design flow, analog design, IR drop, power grid/rail strength, power integrity, electro-migration, parasitic extraction, static timing analysis, cell characterization, and circuit simulation.
• Must have thorough understanding in EDA software development and the entire product release cycle.
• Extensive experience with industry leading power integrity and reliability tools is highly desired.
• Professional experience in SoC level or IP block level physical design, implementation and verification at leading edge nodes is a big plus.
• Demonstrate strong experience with script programming such as TCL, Perl, Python, shell, etc.
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems is a must
• Must demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities, and strong communication skills
• Experience of leading or directing new product feature development, from concept/prototype to production release is preferred.
• Ability of managing multiple projects simultaneously while collaborating cross-functional teams all over the globe.
• Ability to write comprehensive marketing or product requirement specifications in English..
• Proven team work skills
• Willingness to travel
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.