Mentor, A Siemens Business Senior Consultant (Capital, electrical & wire harness design) - 8585 in Fremont, California
Senior Consultant (Capital, electrical & wire harness design) - 8585
Work Location US - CA, Fremont
Req ID 8585
Job Category Consulting
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Senior Consultant (Capital, electrical & wire harness design) - 8585
Job Location: US - CA - Fremont
Job Category: Consulting
The Senior Consultant will be responsible for executing consulting programs and working with customers for implementing and deploying a harness design and manufacturing process, utilizing Mentor Graphics Capital tool suit. The Senior Consultant will work with the customer to ensure a focused approach for leveraging the strength of Capital tool-suite to address the customer wire harness design problems and fully realize the ROI of adopting the Capital toolset. As a Senior Consultant you will be contributing to the success of a team of consultants, product specialists and account managers by increasing the deployment of Mentor Graphics SW in North American accounts. Primary focus will be on Mentor Graphics customers in Transportation Industry and Automotive/Military Aerospace.
• Engage with customers who use and deploy the Mentor Graphics Capital tools for electrical system design and manufacturing
• Work with customers and technical sales resources to define and document recommended deployment plans
• Execute and manage deployment projects at customer site according to agreed upon deployment plan with constant communication and coordination with consulting management, sales team and SW engineering.
• Deliver technical workshops as determined in deployment projects
• Configure the Capital tools to support customer’s requirements
• Assist consulting management and account managers in determining incremental sales opportunities (services & products) and strategy leveraged by the successful deployment project
• Providing technical assistance to customers including technical problem solving
• Communicate customer technical requirements to product marketing
• Travel will be involved mainly within North America, occasionally overseas.
• Experience in wire harness design and manufacturing processes, and understanding of key issues in Cabling, Automotive, Aerospace or Harness manufacturing industry and its principles, practices and techniques
• Experience with Mentor Graphics Capital tools or other electrical system design tools
• Demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customers’ organizations while maintaining a company internal network of contacts
• Strong technical communication skills and presentation skills
• Programming skills a plus
• Strong project management and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• BSEE or BSME, 7+ years of electrical harness design and manufacturing experience desired
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.