Mentor, A Siemens Business PCB/Packaging/High Speed Applications Engineer - 8241 in Fremont, California
PCB/Packaging/High Speed Applications Engineer - 8241
Work Location US - CA, Fremont
Req ID 8241
Job Category Applications Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: PCB/Packaging/High Speed Applications Engineer - 8241
Job Location: US - CA - Fremont
Job Category: Applications Engineering
As an Applications engineer with Mentor Graphics’ Strategic Products Organization, you will support consultative sales efforts at the world’s leading semiconductor and electronic equipment manufacturers.
As an Applications Engineer at Mentor Graphics, your primary responsibility is to secure technical design wins for Mentor Graphics' product and service offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for technical wins with the industry leading Xpedition Substrate Integrator and Xpedition Package Designer product families. Responsible activities will include delivery of technical presentations, conducting product demonstrations and benchmarks, and participation in development of account strategies leading to market share gains for Mentor Graphics.
Your territory coverage consists of Key Accounts located, but not limited to, the Western United States (primarily Silicon Valley, Oregon, and Washington with additional opportunities in Southern California and Arizona). While your accounts will primarily in California and the Pacific Northwest, you will be responsible for integrating with peers located all over the world, communicating essential status to a variety of stakeholders. International travel is likely.
MSEE/BSEE with 2+ years design experience. Significant experience in IC Packaging design processes with a focus on high speed verification is required. Specifically, you should have demonstrated experience in the areas of Package and/or PCB design, fabrication, and verification. Additional experience with Signal Integrity Analysis and/or Valor is also desirable. The ability to develop scripts to enhance Mentor’s product offerings is highly desired.
Necessary technical skills include:
- Prior experience with Mentor’s Xpedition flow is preferred.
- Prior experience with Cadence Allegro/APD/SiP/Orbit IO or Zuken CR-5000/8000 is a plus.
- Prior experience as an Applications Engineer is preferred.
- Additional experience with IC P&R tools particularly for Silicon Interposer design is a plus.
- Experience with Mentor’s Calibre DRC, LVS, and/or 3DSTACK solutions is also desirable.
- Above average competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Scripting/Programming: Python, Tcl, VBScript, VB.net, C#, or similar languages.
- Working OS knowledge of Windows and Linux.
- Familiarity with Package Design process is highly desired.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a passion to learn and perform at the cutting edge of technology;
- Have a desire to broaden exposure to the business aspects of the technical design world;
- Enjoy contributing to the success of a great team;
- Effectively influence people at any level;
- Enjoy helping and motivating others to be successful.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organizations while maintaining a company internal network of contacts.
- Have the capability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Two years of system design experience, BSEE / BSCE desired.
- Previous experience as an applications engineer is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English are essential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.