Mentor, A Siemens Business IC Design Consultant (RET / Physical Verification) - 5042 in Fremont, California
IC Design Consultant (RET / Physical Verification) - 5042
Work Location US - CA, Fremont
Req ID 5042
Job Category Consulting
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: IC Design Consultant (RET / Physical Verification) - 5042
Job Location: US – CA – Fremont
Job Category: Consulting
The consultant will focus on PV/RET activities for the IC design and manufacturing flows and will assist Mentor’s customers in their projects to utilize Mentor tools, methodologies and design environments to reduce development cycle time while increasing product functionality, performance and quality.
The consultant should also be able to:
• Work independently or as part of a customer team to create, deliver, and deploy engineering solutions to customer satisfaction.
• Provide onsite and offsite consultancy to Fab/ Fabless customers and help them build advanced Physical Verification (PV) and Resolution Enhancement Technology (RET) solutions to fit their development and production needs.
• Participate in project planning and tracking, and execute on delivery to achieve critical deadlines
• Interface with service ATM’s to drive new offerings that expand MCD business; providing technical support to leverage Mentor Calibre tools and services.
• Communicate with engineering, marketing, and sales teams on a regular basis to align with customer technical needs and work on implementing customized solutions tailored to different customer environments.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and five (5) years of progressive experience in a related EDA occupation.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and able to work under difficult or adverse situations
• Candidate must have academic or industry experience in Calibre PV/RET tools.
• Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux environment and scripting.
• Extensive previous experience in troubleshooting and development of solutions to customer issues/problems.
• Strong written and oral technical presentation skills.
*Domestic/International travel required up to 50%. Travel expenses paid by employer.
• Master’s degree or an additional three (3) years of progressive experience in a related EDA occupation.
• Solid knowledge of the IC design and fabrication flow; optical lithography, IC fabrication and design for manufacturability
• Strong command of TCL/TK.
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan.
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.