Mentor, A Siemens Business Human Resources Business Partner - 8176 in Fremont, California
Human Resources Business Partner - 8176
Work Location US - CA, Fremont
Req ID 8176
Job Category Human Resources
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner - 8176
Job Location: USA – CA - Fremont
Job Category: Human Resources
Mentor, a Siemens business, has a well-deserved reputation for being a great place to work. We are proud of the environment and culture we provide to our employees, and these qualities also make Mentor Graphics an excellent place to practice HR. A year ago Mentor was acquired by Siemens, which has opened up even more opportunities to add value, learn and grow a career. We are looking for an early-to-mid-career HR Business Partner, who is resourceful, level-headed, customer-oriented, responsive, and a creative problem-solver and who is also not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
The position will be based at our 500-person Silicon Valley site in Fremont, and will be a core member of our North America HR Business Partner team. The role will serve as the primary HR contact, as HR Business Partner, to selected business groups and will also play an HR generalist role in support of the Senior HR Business Partners on the team. The role also provides local support to the managers and employees based at the site. Flexibility and the willingness to partner and reach across organizational boundaries are important to success as part of our global organization.
• Establish strong working relationships and credibility, based on developing sound knowledge of the business and demonstrating excellent follow through, with the senior management of the customer groups you support
• Identify the highest priority HR needs for your customer groups; help meet those needs by partnering directly with your customers and by engaging other HR and corporate functions to assist as required
• Help influence employee-related outcomes that will further the goals of the business through knowledge of your customer groups, your HR expertise, and knowledge of Mentor Graphics’ HR policies, practices and procedures
• Partner with the Staffing, HR Mobility and Learning & Development functions to assist managers in identifying and meeting their talent needs
• Partner with HR Managers in other locations and countries to ensure HR-related business needs are met globally at the business division level
• Coach Managers in how to develop their teams and manage employee performance to achieve targeted business goals
• Respond promptly to employee issues and complaints, investigate/follow up as appropriate, and provide recommendations for action as needed
• Support the roll out and implementation of HR processes and programs, including compensation planning, open enrollment, and ethics training, as well as special projects and initiatives, such as acquisitions
• Help facilitate, plan and manage transitions, from management reporting changes and country transfers, through to larger scale organizational changes
• Provide assistance to employees and act as the voice of the employee when needed to promote a productive, enjoyable and healthy work environment
• Identify opportunities for continued improvement in the way we deliver HR services and programs to our customer groups.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
• Master’s degree a plus
• 3+ years of experience as an HR Manager/Generalist/Business Partner
• Minimum of 5 years of total work experience
• Experience supporting global business groups (directly or through working with HR Managers in local countries) preferred
• Experience working in Hi Tech
• Experience working in a large multi-national company environment
• Superior communication, collaboration and influencing skills required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.