Mentor, A Siemens Business Account Technology Manager - 7005 in Fremont, California
Account Technology Manager - 7005
Work Location US - CA, Fremont
Req ID 7005
Job Category Sales
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Account Technology Manager - 7005
Job Location: US - CA - Fremont
Job Category: Sales
The Account Technology Manager (ATM) is responsible for development and execution of the strategy to achieve specific business targets and strategic objectives for PCB Design, Analysis and Manufacturing products within the territory. For this particular position the territory is defined as the greater Silicon Valley area.
The ATM will also need to drive the priorities of all Product Line opportunities in the territory and provide a clear prioritization for resource allocation to the field technical resource management and BU. This person will thus be responsible for maintaining up-to-date data for tracking engagements including sales stage, progress against plan, action items, risks and prioritization.
As part of this role, the ATM is responsible for defining the technical account plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the initial win, proliferation and strategic development partnerships with customers in the territory. This person will work closely with the Account Manager to develop this plan and the Account Manager must ultimately approve this plan.
• Develop the overall product strategy along with the Field technical management to achieve business targets and strategic objectives based on WTO and BU needs. Business targets and strategic objectives are defined by WTO in conjunction with the BU. The strategy to achieve those business targets requires the construction of a top-down and bottom-up plan, account by account within a territory (including calling out strategy to capture unidentified business in that territory).
• Define technical account engagement plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the results. The strategy and plans for each account must be approved by the Account Manager.
• Lead and manage the account campaigns for the specific Product Lines that encompass the PCB Design, Analysis and Manufacturing product portfolios. If one is assigned to the account, the account campaigns are reviewed by the TAM, but the ownership of the campaign rests with the ATM.
• Ensure understanding of all elements of any technical campaign - decision process, success criteria, committed usage upon success, run rate impact, AE resources required and, of course, solving the customer’s problem.
• Establish regular meetings with specific customer management to support successful campaigns.
• Align with account team on business opportunities and build up the engagement tracking mechanism to ensure ability to summarize data and communicate progress vs. plan across multiple accounts effectively.
• Define, track and report the priorities for all engagements at every stage and communicate closely with technical management helping to prioritize engagements and short vs. long-term objectives
• Build strong customer relationships to enable establishment of strategic relationships for Mentor with respect to PCB Design, Analysis and Manufacturing products and technologies.
• Serve as the key field resource to summarize competitive threats and opportunities in the PCB Design, Analysis and Manufacturing domains.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• BS Degree or equivalent, MS Degree preferred
• 10+ years of related experience.
• Strong financial understanding
• Organizational knowledge
• Product, market, and industry knowledge in PCB Design, Analysis and Manufacturing technology
• Negotiating skills
• Prospecting/uncovering skills
• Demand creation
• Create and maintain technical campaigns
• Set appropriate expectations and decision criteria
• Bring technical campaigns to successful closure
• Positive relationships with account management
• Positive relationships with field technical organization
• Positive relationships with business unit R&D and Marketing
• Professional customer presence
• Technical knowledge
• Ability to manage indirectly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.