Mentor, A Siemens Business European Application Engineer (Digital Functional Verification) - 7765 in Espoo, Finland
European Application Engineer (Digital Functional Verification) - 7765
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: European Application Engineer (Digital Functional Verification) - 7765
Job Location: Finland - Espoo
Job Category: Applications Engineering
As European Application Engineer for digital functional verification you play a critical role to the success of Mentor, a Siemens Business. You will be based in Finland and part of an Application Engineering Team managed by the European Technical Director for Digital Design and Verification Solutions.
You are expected to leverage your expertise in Functional Verification to help our European customers improve their verification capabilities, identifying and providing solutions to overcome their verification challenges and delivering expert assistance in the deployment of Mentor tools, technology and services.
The successful candidate will:
• Drive business for Mentor Graphics using hands-on technical expertise. This requires working directly with customers as a part of the sales team.
• Providing technical leadership on all aspects of the sales campaign. Contribute toward and execute on pre/post sales account strategy as member of a sales team.
• Qualify technical viability of the opportunity and communicate it to the sales team.
• Align with Sales as they proactively manage customer accounts to achieve business success. Sales support roles include product demonstrations, evaluations and competitive benchmarking.
• Provide customer verification methodology guidance, verification tools training, and verification problem resolution.
• Work with customers to solve complex technical challenges in multiple disciplines of functional verification including Assertion Based Verification, Coverage Driven Verification, Formal Verification, Low Power Verification, and Verification Management.
• Manage multiple customer issues concurrently, working with design & verification engineers, as well as first or second level managers.
• Provide technical feedback to Mentor product development teams relating to critical issues and recommended product enhancements.
• Be expected to take advantage of opportunities provided to improve technical and job related skills; such as developing additional product breadth and business skills.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Education: MSEE or BSEE (or equivalent) with several years’ experience in the area of functional verification.
• Experience should include:
- ASIC/FPGA design or verification experience - knowledge of SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL language, behavioral & RTL coding and debug.
- Verification planning and management experience with block level and top level designs.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the major verification methodologies (OVM/UVM, VMM or eRM) and/or expert level experience creating a proprietary verification methodology within a company.
- Working knowledge of verification languages (SystemVerilog, SystemC, e, Vera) and an expert in at least one of these languages.
- Expert level usage of at least one major verification platform (Questa, Incisive, VCS, Specman).
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows environments including scripting languages.
• General knowledge of Functional Verification disciplines including Assertion Based Verification, Formal Verification, Low-Power Verification, Verification Management and Verification Methodology with demonstrated expertise in at least two of these areas.
• Experience with Mentor Functional Verification products desired but not required.
• Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills are required.
• The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment including the ability to multiplex many issues, establish and meet priorities, while maintaining a helpful/caring attitude towards fellow workers, and customers.
• A desire to help customers exploit new technologies is essential for success in the position.
• English essential, Finnish preferred.
• Willingness to travel (domestically and internationally).