Mentor, A Siemens Business Hardware Modeling Engineer - 7548 in Cairo, Egypt
Hardware Modeling Engineer - 7548
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Hardware Modeling Engineer - 7548
Job Location: Egypt - Cairo
Job Category: R&D/Hardware Engineering
- Develop software Models for Hardware devices and Cores.
- Create SystemC TLM 2.0 models on Vista tool that can be used to create Virtual Platforms.
- Test the models using existing processor models (Generic Models).
- Verify the models functionality versus behavior model and/or RTL using SystemC and/or UVM/SystemVerilog.
- Apply unit testing/debug.
- Execute the implementation/test plan.
- Integrate SystemC models to build Virtual Platform.
- Build VirtualPlatform for Hardware designs on the System Level.
- Load/Boot Linux on the Virtual Platform.
- Simulate and Debug Customer’s Software on the Virtual Platform.
- The model list will be defined and prioritized based on customer requests (targeting ARM and PPC Multi-Core architectures) [examples are: DMA, TIMERs, SSP, UART, SPI/QSPI, Flash Memory, Caches, Ethernet Controller, I2C, DDR Controller, GPIO, SD Card Controller, etc.].
- Write professional Functional Specs and Design Documents
- Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering [with minimum Very Good with honors degree].
- Strong experience in C/C++ Programming.
- Have the basic knowledge of digital circuits and digital design/systems.
- Having good background in programming using SystemC is a plus.
- Experience in Embedded Software Development is a plus.
- Experience in Embedded Linux Development is a plus.
- Have good experience in using Linux/Unix OS.
- Have good experience in scripting/scripting languages such as Make/Tcl/Perl.
- Position requires well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Being able to work with tight deadlines and meet schedules.
- Self-motivated/self-learning capabilities.
- Excellent command of English.