Mentor, A Siemens Business DevOps Software Engineer - 7073 in Cairo, Egypt
DevOps Software Engineer - 7073
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: DevOps Software Engineer - 7073
Job Location: Egypt - Cairo
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
DevOps (Developments & Operations) is a new paradigm that has been adapted recently by many SW houses. It is a set of practices that provides rapid, reliable software delivery by automating infrastructure, automating workflows, continuously measuring application performance and high collaboration between developments, QA and operations functionalities to minimize the gap between product developments and product deployment environments. DevOps relies on a set of principles such as continuous integration, continuous deployment, continuous monitoring to operations quality and controlling SW changes as well as infrastructure changes by the utilization of configuration managements systems. The candidates will be part of DevOps team who aims to establish a culture and operation environment where building, testing and SW releasing can happen rapidly, frequently and more reliably. We are studying, evaluating and promoting content management systems, collaboration tools and managing the development and test environment for our engineering group. Additionally, our team builds a complete framework for data gathering, management and visualization for the huge amount of data coming out of our daily build, regression, performance iterations and practices. The candidate should own the following capabilities.
- Knowledge about Data Management, Visualization and Data Analysis
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL
- Ability to explore state of the art tools that are useful throughout SW production life cycle (Debugging, Profiling, Coverage Analyzer, Lint, Test Automation Framework, to list few)
- Experience with engineering build and regression automation frameworks.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl, Java and Java Script)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Knowledge about Continuous Integration & Configuration Managements principles is a plus.
Other set of required soft skills:
- Learns quickly, applies knowledge to new situations, ability to find ways to improve systems and follow through by developing those improvements.
- Works well as a team member, collaborates with other teams both inside and outside.
- Ability to work with a high level of supervision and being able to drive projects to completion