Mentor, A Siemens Business Application Engineer - Tanner - 7361 in Beijing, China
Application Engineer - Tanner - 7361
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Application Engineer - Tanner - 7361
Job Location: China - Beijing
Job Category: Applications Engineering
We are seeking a dynamic and professional technical person, who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced, fun and friendly environment. In this position you will be focused on technical support of Tanner products as an Application Engineer (AE). The AE will be working closely with customers to demonstrate a mixture of products to solve their analog and mixed-signal design problems. The AE is expected to manage multiple customers and issues concurrently, and be very effective at customer relationships. The customer interaction is all level of design engineers as well as first and second level management. The Candidate must align with Account Management Teams and Distributors to exceed quota, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. The AE role include product demonstrations, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking. The AE plays an active role in account planning and working as part of the account team. The team develops solutions to customer problems based on their insight into the customer needs that ultimately result in revenue.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
An AE required to support a broad breath of tools to solve complex analog, mixed-signal, photonics, and MEMS challenges. The AE role is to support the Tanner products, and determine the revenue generating possibilities by developing a path to reproducible sales. This role requires a seasoned Electrical Engineer that has knowledge from analog and mixed- signal to Photonics and MEMS design including fabrication challenges. The primary objective is to work with customers to determine an optimal flow for their design tool needs.
• Technical representing Mentor Graphics in general and for Tanner engagements in particular, supporting revenue generating activities and promoting Tanner technologies.
• Manage business and technical relationships with Mentor’s existing customer base.
• Deliver technical presentations and demonstrations to a range of audiences, from users to managers to decision-makers.
• Identify current and emerging design challenges. Connect these challenges with Mentor’s current and emerging technical solutions. Drive market feedback to product development and marketing teams to evolve the next generation of methodologies and solutions.
• Coordinate or lead resources in the sales and product divisions to accomplish above responsibilities.
• Experience with Analog/Mixed-Signal IC logical/physical design, circuit simulation using SPICE, semiconductor device modeling, DRC and LVS verification, and analysis.
• Understanding of physical or electrical characteristics in integrated circuits (ICs).
• Experience with MEMS and Photonics and system-level design is desirable.
• Script programming experience using C, C++, TCL/TK or Python.
• Develop a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level with both our customers and the Product engineering teams
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus.
• Travel is required.
• Education: B.S.E.E Minimum; M.S.E.E. preferred.