Mentor, A Siemens Business Field Applications Engineer - 8393 in Bangalore, India
Field Applications Engineer - 8393
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Field Applications Engineer - 8393
Job Location: India - Bangalore
Job Category: Sales
- Responsible for Field Application Engineering (FAE) activities in the PCB System Design and manufacturing solutions of Mentor Graphics.
- From a technical stand-point, understanding customer needs, involve and work with their projects for using right methodologies and Mentor Graphics tools for successful project completion
- Involve and drive the Tool Evaluation/Benchmark; Technical product presentations; Methodology/flow development and review; Tool deployment and adoption; drive competitive replacements, Provide support to customers during critical Project delivery phases.
- Work with Technical Account manager and World Wide account teams for forming strategies and successfully driving Mentor Graphics tools inside customer projects to enable business success for Mentor Graphics
- Provide training and technical support to customers using Mentor Graphics tools
- Required BE/B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE), or Electronics & Communication Engineering
- ME/M.Tech would be an added advantage
- 4-8 years relevant experience in the areas of PCB design, System Design and manufacturing.
- In the past roles, Should have served roles like Applications Engineer, Design engineer, Systems engineer in the Printed circuit design and manufacturing
- Should have worked on medium to complex multi-layer printed circuit boards
- Hands-on experience on PCB schematics, layout of high speed digital, mixed-signal or RF circuits
- Knowledge on Scripting like VBScript, Jscript and C for tool customization
- Working knowledge on EDA tools like, Xpedition and Valor is must, additionally Board-Station, PADS, other PCB EDA tools will be added advantage.
- Exposure to PCB manufacturing process, Design for manufacturability issues would be an added advantage
- Understanding of compliance of PCBs with various governing bodies is desirable
- Broad understanding of Indian PCB industry would be desirable.