Mentor, A Siemens Business Field Applications Engineer - 7116 in Bangalore, India
Field Applications Engineer - 7116
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Field Applications Engineer - 7116
Job Location: India - Bangalore
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
• Responsible for Field Application Engineering (FAE) activities in the Physical Verification (PV) Domain of VLSI systems
• From a technical stand-point, understanding customer needs on PV, involve and work with their projects for using right methodologies and Mentor Graphics tools for successful project completion
• Involve and drive the Tool evaluation/benchmark; Technical product presentations; Methodology/flow development and review; Tool deployment and adoption; drive competitive replacements, Provide support to customers during critical Project implementation/Tepeout phases.
• Work with Technical Account manager and World Wide account teams for forming strategies and successfully driving Mentor Graphics tools inside customer projects to enable business success for Mentor Graphics
- Required BE/B.Tech in Electronics & Communications Engineering (E&C), or Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Desired ME/M.Tech in VLSI or Microelectronics
- 6-10 years relevant experience in the Physical Verification area of VLSI domain.
- Should have served in positions like Application Engineering / Physical Verification lead / assignments that include Physical sign-off of large ASICs
- Physical Verification, DRC/LVS and sign-off experience of large Multi-million gate ASICs
- Strong Layout fundamentals and understanding of physical layout and related physical verification issues at nanometer technologies (90/65/40/28nm), understanding of Design Rules Manual and capability to collaborate with customers for rule writing and development
- Should be good at scripting and able to develop scripts in TCL/Perl to develop AE-ware for customers
- Should have a good understanding of transistor fundamentals, layout and physical effects and associated issues
- Understanding of Parasitic Extraction, 2D & 3D filed solvers, dealing with accuracy related issues, R, C and L extraction
- Strong working knowledge in EDA tools like Calibre DRC/LVS,DFM, Hercules, PVS, Dracula, Diva, Calibre PERC, Calibre xrc, Star-RC, XACT-3D
- Understanding the yield, parameters impacting yield, Design for manufacturing techniques like Yield enhancement, CMP, LFD will be a strong plus
- Knowledge/awareness of AMS (Analog and Mixed Signal) flows/tools like Eldo, Questa ADMS and Pyxis is desired
- Knowledge/awareness of PnR (Place & Route) flows/tools like Olympus, SOC encounter, ICC is desired.
- Work effectively with sales, marketing, and R&D
- Ability to work autonomously & ability to functionally lead a team of 2-3
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; good presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Build and foster relationships with customer and peers with a positive attitude to win business success
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Willingness for technical sales
- Should be a good team player
- Job would involve moderate travel.