Mentor, A Siemens Business Technical Marketing Engineer - Capital - 8229 in Altrincham, United States
Technical Marketing Engineer - Capital - 8229
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technical Marketing Engineer – Capital - 8229
Job Location: UK - Altrincham
Job Category: Technical Marketing
Technical Marketing Engineer (TME), Capital - Electrical Schematic tools Integrated Electrical Systems
Mentor (a Siemens Business) is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic and electrical products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our Capital tools to push the boundaries of technology and design better vehicles, enabling processes that are inherently faster and delivering better quality.
The Mentor Graphics Capital suite has a leading position in the marketplace for electrical system / harness design and manufacture tools. The individual in this position will partner closely with industry-leading companies to understand their advanced requirements to deliver better vehicles or industrial machines with electrical systems that have improved quality and a reduced design time. This individual will also help drive the product marketing, product development roadmap and deployment of the Capital schematic design tools including: Capital Logic, Capital Symbol, Capital Systems Capture, VeSys Design, Solid Edge Electrical, Capital Publisher.
Responsible for working directly with customers in gathering schematic tools requirements and implementing solutions. Must write requirements documentation and work with Engineering to enhance the tool set and then test the new capabilities.
Reporting to a product architect, this position is a technical marketing engineer (TME) supporting Capital suite’s schematic tools and related technologies.
- Define, validate, and prioritize marketing requirements for schematic tools and related technologies.
- Work with the development organisation to describe the context, value and intent of the requirements and to work closely with the development team throughout the implementation ensuring that the software meets the intent.
- Develop materials to enable the sales force to present and demonstrate new features and to communicate the value and utility of these features.
- Create and deliver product training to internal staff and customers. Create e-learning materials. Ensure that user documentation is effective.
- Communicate the vision for the product line and acting as an evangelist both internally and externally.
- Development of demonstration materials, data sets and videos to communicate the value of the tools.
- Provide product support to Mentor Graphics sales channel, working directly at customers' sites in pre- and post-sales situations. This duty will involve some level of international travel.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Must have an in depth knowledge of one or more schematic tools for electrical wiring systems design.
- Highly credible with customers & and able to develop strong customer relationships
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Willing to travel 25% of the time, including occasional international travel
- Experience of Mentor Graphics Capital schematic tools
- Experience of electrical design of industrial machines
- Experience of technical marketing within a wiring schematics tool vendor. Experience of requirements gathering and creation of product plans
- Experience and/or understanding of the use schematic tools in the creation of service documentation.
- Experience of simulation and analysis of electrical wiring designs for automotive or aerospace applications. This should include functional verification, component sizing, sneak circuit analysis and FMEA. Must have experience in constructing analysis models.
- Experience of working in distributed teams that span continents and with mixed cultures. The ideal candidate would have demonstrated an ability to build strong working relationships in such an environment.