Mentor, A Siemens Business Technical Marketing Engineer - 8072 in Altrincham, United States
Technical Marketing Engineer - 8072
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technical Marketing Engineer - 8072
Job Location: Ireland - Altrincham
Job Category: Technical Marketing
Technical Marketing Engineer (TME), VSA COM Network Design Tool Integrated Electrical Systems
Mentor (a Siemens Business) is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic and electrical products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our VSA COM network design tool to push the boundaries of technology and design better vehicles, enabling processes that are inherently faster and delivering better quality.
VSA COM has a leading position in the marketplace for network design tools – aiding customers to rapidly design CAN, LIN, Fibex and Ethernet networks with our unique synthesis and timing analysis solutions. The individual in this position will partner closely with industry-leading companies to understand their advanced requirements to deliver better vehicles with networks that have improved quality and a reduced design time. This individual will also help drive the product marketing, product development roadmap and deployment of the VSA COM network design tool.
- Responsible for working directly with customers in gathering network design requirements and implementing solutions.
- Must write requirements documentation and work with Engineering to enhance the tool set and then validate the new capabilities.
- Reporting to a product architect, this position is a technical marketing engineer (TME) supporting VSA COM. Important duties include:
- Define, validate, and prioritize marketing requirements for network design tools and related technologies.
- Work with the development organisation to describe the context, value and intent of the requirements and to work closely with the development team throughout the implementation ensuring that the software meets the intent.
- Develop materials to enable the sales force to present and demonstrate new features and to communicate the value and utility of these features.
- Create and deliver product training to internal staff and customers. Create e-learning materials. Ensure that user documentation is effective.
- Communicate the vision for the product line and acting as an evangelist both internally and externally.
- Development of demonstration materials, data sets and videos to communicate the value of the tools.
- Provide product support to Mentor Graphics sales channel, working directly at customers' sites in pre- and post-sales situations. This duty will involve some level of international travel.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Must have an in depth knowledge of network design – especially CAN and ideally Ethernet and Fibex.
- Highly credible with customers & and able to develop strong customer relationships
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Willing to travel 25% of the time, including occasional international travel
- Experience of network design tools from Mentor Graphics, Vector or similar
- Experience of technical marketing within a network design tool vendor. Experience of requirements gathering and creation of product plans
- Experience and/or understanding of the use of AUTOSAR (Classic and Adaptive) and of vehicle architecture design.
- Experience of working in distributed teams that span continents and with mixed cultures. The ideal candidate would have demonstrated an ability to build strong working relationships in such an environment.