Mentor, A Siemens Business Product Architect, Capital - 8134 in Altrincham, United States
Product Architect, Capital - 8134
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Product Architect, Capital - 8134
Job Location: UK - Altrincham
Job Category: Product Marketing
Mentor (a Siemens Business) is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic and electrical products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our Capital tools to push the boundaries of technology and design better vehicles, enabling processes that are inherently faster and delivering better quality
The Mentor Graphics Capital suite has a leading position in the marketplace for electrical system / harness design and manufacture tools. The individual in this position will partner closely with industry-leading companies to understand their advanced requirements to deliver better vehicles with electrical systems that have improved quality and a reduced design time. This individual will also help drive the product strategy, product development roadmap, product marketing and deployment of the Capital logical and wiring design tools including: Capital Logic, Capital Integrator, Capital Level Manager, and Capital Topology.
Responsible for working directly with customers in gathering electrical design tools requirements and implementing solutions. Must write requirements documentation and work with Engineering to enhance the tool set and then test the new capabilities.
This position is a product architect supporting the Capital suite’s design tools and related technologies.
- Develop a product strategy to enhance Capital’s winning position in the marketplace. Build support and consensus for this strategy internally.
- Define, validate, and prioritize marketing requirements for logical and wiring design tools and related technologies.
- Work with the development organisation to describe the context, value and intent of the requirements and to work closely with the development team throughout the implementation ensuring that the software meets the intent.
- Develop materials to enable the sales force to present and demonstrate new features and to communicate the value and utility of these features.
- Create and deliver product training to internal staff and customers. Create e-learning materials. Ensure that user documentation is effective.
- Communicate the vision for the product line and acting as an evangelist both internally and externally.
- Development of demonstration materials, data sets and videos to communicate the value of the tools.
- Provide product support to Mentor Graphics sales channel, working directly at customers' sites in pre- and post-sales situations. This duty will involve some level of international travel.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Must have an in depth knowledge of one or more design tools for electrical wiring systems design in automotive, aerospace or industrial machinery domains.
- Highly credible with customers & and able to develop strong customer relationships.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Willing to travel 25% of the time, including occasional international travel
- Experience of Mentor Graphics Capital logical and wiring tools
- Experience of technical marketing within a wiring design tool vendor. Experience of requirements gathering and creation of product plans
- Experience and/or understanding of the use schematic tools in the creation of service documentation.
- Experience of simulation and analysis of electrical wiring designs for automotive or aerospace applications. This should include functional verification, component sizing, sneak circuit analysis and FMEA.
- Experience of working in distributed teams that span continents and with mixed cultures. The ideal candidate would have demonstrated an ability to build strong working relationships in such an environment.